Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Brave One



This Mom is on her way to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo with 4 pre-teenage girls (tweens, as they're called these days) to see The Jonas Brothers perform live in concert. To you who are about to be deaf, I salute you!

It's so very hard for Shelby to believe that once upon a time, a long time ago, her grandmother was a "Beatlemaniac." And despite the fact that I've dispatched many a Beatles song and several video clips of past performances, she laughs at my attempts to persuade her that the Beatles were the best that ever were. That's okay, I'll wait a few more years and try again. She'll come around.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing more challenging than pre-teen girls would be teen girls. I am glad that I am done with that part of my life. Good Luck, Mandy.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Marty, I think I remember a pilgrimage you made with 'mates from the Golden Triangle to Houston to see your Beatles! A lot of fainting and screeching going on. Fun memories to wear down the grandkids with.

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Jim - so glad the tween, teen part is over. Pay backs are a-coming for our kids. It's hard to escape cosmic justice.

    I remember that Beatles concert - Mom took a whole station wagon full of teenage girls to Houston to see them. Talk about brave!

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete